Just putting these out there because they are amazing and I can’t stop watching them.
Kudos and love to these amazing people.
That, ladies and gentlemen, is John Green doing his happy dance. This happy dance describes my feelings about getting this award perfectly.
Thank so much to Hazel over at The Middle Nerd. She has this awesome book club that makes me want to read books EVEN MORE! And that’s saying something 😛
1) Display the award on your blog
2) Announce your win in a post and link back to the blogger who awarded you with it
3) Present (x) awards to deserving bloggers
4) Drop them a comment on their site/blog to let them know you awarded them
5) Post seven interesting things about yourself.
7 interesting things about myself (literature edition)
2. I liked Catching Fire the best and Mockingjay the least
3. I know that Catcher in the Rye is supposed to be this amazing book but.. I didn’t enjoy reading it.
4. I’m currently To Kill a Mockingbird and so far it’s getting two thumbs up
5. Even though I’ve never been able to finish Catch-22, I love the explanation of a catch-22 more than anything.
There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one’s safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn’t, but if he were sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn’t have to; but if he didn’t want to he was sane and had to. Yossarian was moved very deeply by the absolute simplicity of this clause of Catch-22 and let out a respectful whistle. (p. 56, ch. 5)
7. I really enjoyed reading ‘A Study in Scarlet’ but then I got confused when the story suddenly changed and I stopped reading it and still haven’t finished it till this day.. I really need to read more Sherlock Holmes.
I’m going to do something disgraceful here.. I’m so sorry..
I’ve had 2 awards in the last couple of days (excluding this one) and I honestly don’t know who to nominate while avoiding double nominations..
So. I am nominating YOU. Literally everyone who is reading this at this moment in time, you are nominated. I mean it. Go pass it on. Seriously.
Good luck and congratulations 😉
If I could talk to the future me I would only want to know one thing; are you happy?
I’m not a materialistic girl. I wouldn’t care if I had a big house or the latest gadgets or a nice car. The one thing I want from life, my ultimate goal, is to be happy. So then what does happiness mean to me? I don’t know exactly.. happiness could come from a lot of things, I guess. From great friends or instance. I would love it if my friendship with Abi would no longer be on a long distance basis. That would make a huge difference in my happiness level.
Another thing would be a great job. If you have read my About page, you will know that I’m currently trying to get my Masters in Educational Science. I would love to work in a secondary school and be working with students, helping them with social problems. Peer pressure for instance or problematic situations at home. This is what I want to do with my life. It’s my dream, man..
Probably the most obvious source of happiness would be a good relationship. Which poor single me doesn’t have at the moment. A wonderful husband and a family is also on my wishlist.
So if I could talk to my future self I wouldn’t care about where I live or how much money I make. I would just want to know what my life is like and if I like the life I’m living and if I don’t like it, I would give myself a serious talking to.
Not that I’m not happy now, mind you. I quite like my life. I’m happy with the way things are going and with the things that are in my immediate future.
I do hope that I end up with a life that makes me truly happy. I don’t want to settle.
But I guess that is all up to me, isn’t it?
Till soon and good night 🙂