Excuse me for a moment while I flail in happiness. A couple of days ago I was nominated for this award by Nerd Enchanted.
Receiving this award is very special to me. This is because of two reasons. The first is that this description is given with the award:
“This award is given to a blog that has a literary piece defining a specific moment that is thought-provoking, creative, honest, and or inspiring.”
And two, because when I was nominated for this award, she said this:
“Emma’s blog was probably the very first blog on WordPress that I got around reading. My list of books-to-read is ever growing thanks to her reviews that are authentic and flawless.”
And I was stumped. Flawless? Authentic? Me? Say what now? But I’m just a girl who started putting thoughts unto the internet a couple of months ago. What have I done to deserve this honor?! I feel very flattered that I even come to mind when thinking of these words. Seriously.
But let’s move on.
Display the award logo,
Link back to the person who nominated you,
State 7 things about yourself,
Nominate however many people that you feel are deserving of this award.
7 Things About Myself
1. I’m currently listening to Last Night of the World from the musical Miss Saigon, which I saw with my family when I was about 5 years old. I still know all the lyrics to (my favourite) songs and it’s probably my favourite musical to date. Well, probably a shared first place with Aida. Also, Lea Salonga is a goddess.
2. So I’m genuinely very excited about my imminent move to the US but every once in a while I catch myself looking around my room and thinking ‘nooooooooo’
3. I’ve recently taken up knitting as a hobby. My gran taught me way back in the day so I was pretty surprised that I still remembered how to do it. I was pretty rubbish in the beginning but I’ve gotten loads better.
4. Instead of reading, I’ve been listening to Welcome to Night Vale before bed. Which has in turn caused the Pavlovian conditioning that whenever I hear Cecil’s deep, smooth voice, I start feeling tired and I fall asleep. But anyway, WTNV is absolutely amazing and hilarious. You should give it a listen. Those of you who follow me on Twitter or Facebook (notice the Social Media Icons on the right.. he he. I’m so subtle) will have noticed that I retweet a lot of brilliant tweets from the official WTNV account. I really would like to meet the brilliant, yet disturbed, minds that have come up with this.
5. Although The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry is a really good book, I feel like I have too little life experience (i.e. marriage) to really understand his life. More on this in the upcoming review.
6. I’m more addicted to Candy Crush and SongPop than I’d like to admit.
7. As you all know, I’ve recently graduated from my Masters and I am now officially not a student anymore. I will never ever have to follow a class, take an exam or study if I don’t want to. And I have to say, I don’t miss it for a second. I did my time. Dobby is free.
And the Nominees are
Who runs a wonderful blog with many brilliantly written original short stories for his Song Title Challenge. And also many many well written, funny and informative blogs. Also notice his button on the right.
One of those little gems that deserves recognition. Please check out her blog!
I don’t know if she takes blogging awards but I had to nominate her anyway. If you look for thought-provoking, honest and inspiring, you’ll have to check out her social psychology and psychology of women based blog.
And now, the weather
– Some for Welcome To Night Vale’s best tweets. Just so you know what I’m talking about.
“I really see myself in you. I know you complained and screamed a lot, but I think this torso-mirror implant is working out great.”
“Can you keep a secret? How about a paper bag that’s slowly dropping blood? Can you keep that? Like in a closet or something?”
“OId musicians never die. They just decompose. But they don’t ever actually die… those poor, ever-rotting musicians.”
“Life is like a box of chocolates: heart-shaped, poorly sealed, and filled with tiny insects.”
“If you ever look at the sky, doubting the existence of other worlds, just know that somewhere a creature looks up at its sky, doubting you.”