All year long we collectively complain about the cold and ‘omg I can’t wait for it to be summer’. While I do agree that the cold should be over and done with, I’m hardly looking forward to the actual summer. I’m much more a fan of spring or even fall. I’ll give you a list of reasons why.
1. I don’t handle heat very well. One step outside and I’m red-faced and I’ll look like I’m dying. It’s embarrassing. Especially since it doesn’t actually bother me that much.
2. It only bothers me when it’s sticky outside. Hot but not sunny, high humidity. ‘Gasping-for-breath’ weather.
3. Bugs. And spiders. Everywhere.
4. ‘Have you gone to the beach yet?’ ‘Are you going to the beach, today?’ ‘Why aren’t you going to the beach?’ ‘Look at how much fun we’re having on the beach’. If you like going to the beach, good on ya. No, really, go enjoy yourself. But for me, no thanks. Spending 30 minutes in a stifling hot train or 3 hours in traffic to go to an overcrowded patch of sand. And since I don’t feel comfortable in a bikini, I won’t get anything out of it at all. Let me sunbathe in my garden, thank you.
5. I burn REALLY easily. Couple of weeks ago I had lunch with a friend and in the hour we sat outside, I got burnt. It wasn’t even that sunny.
6. Nights. My skin is always hot on itself so when it’s really hot at night in the summer, it’s almost impossible for me to sleep. I have to wrap my wrists and feet in cold towels to actually get to sleep.
I do enjoy sitting outside at night and having BBQs and what not but other than that, I’d much prefer spring. I like weather where you don’t have to wear a jacket but it’s not really hot. Give me cool, not hot.
Also, I like rain, the smell and the sound of rain. And thunder. I want to visit Seattle so badly. I hear it rains there a lot.
Am I weird?