That, ladies and gentlemen, is John Green doing his happy dance. This happy dance describes my feelings about getting this award perfectly.
Thank so much to Hazel over at The Middle Nerd. She has this awesome book club that makes me want to read books EVEN MORE! And that’s saying something 😛
1) Display the award on your blog
2) Announce your win in a post and link back to the blogger who awarded you with it
3) Present (x) awards to deserving bloggers
4) Drop them a comment on their site/blog to let them know you awarded them
5) Post seven interesting things about yourself.
7 interesting things about myself (literature edition)
2. I liked Catching Fire the best and Mockingjay the least
3. I know that Catcher in the Rye is supposed to be this amazing book but.. I didn’t enjoy reading it.
4. I’m currently To Kill a Mockingbird and so far it’s getting two thumbs up
5. Even though I’ve never been able to finish Catch-22, I love the explanation of a catch-22 more than anything.
There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, which specified that a concern for one’s safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn’t, but if he were sane he had to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn’t have to; but if he didn’t want to he was sane and had to. Yossarian was moved very deeply by the absolute simplicity of this clause of Catch-22 and let out a respectful whistle. (p. 56, ch. 5)
7. I really enjoyed reading ‘A Study in Scarlet’ but then I got confused when the story suddenly changed and I stopped reading it and still haven’t finished it till this day.. I really need to read more Sherlock Holmes.
I’m going to do something disgraceful here.. I’m so sorry..
I’ve had 2 awards in the last couple of days (excluding this one) and I honestly don’t know who to nominate while avoiding double nominations..
So. I am nominating YOU. Literally everyone who is reading this at this moment in time, you are nominated. I mean it. Go pass it on. Seriously.
Good luck and congratulations 😉